What information does Rheem collect from visitors to its Web sites? How does Rheem use that information?
Our Web site collects two kinds of information from you: (1) personal information that you submit to us; and (2) non-personal information, such as the pages you visited on our Web site and your IP address.
- Personally Identifiable Information
- We collect and use personally identifiable information about you when you submit feedback, questions, or requests for information about Rheem’s products and services, apply for a job or make a purchase. This may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and other information in order to respond to your inquiries and manage transactions with you. Rheem may collect and store the information you choose to provide us to send you information about Rheem and our affiliates, including information about our products and services, from time to time. We may also use information about you for internal marketing analysis to better understand our customers and the marketplace.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- We collect and use non-personally identifiable information about you in the following ways:
- Cookies – A cookie is a piece of data placed on your hard drive when you visit our site. Cookies help us track traffic to our Web site, helping us identify what parts of our Web site interest visitors most. In order to give you customized content, we may link cookie information with personally identifiable information but such information expires at the end of each visit to the site. You may set your browser to inform you when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored, not accept cookies at all, and erase all cookies from your hard drive. If you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate this Web site may be limited or even prevented.
- Referrers, IP Addresses, and Environmental Variables – Rheem may also collect information through “referrers,” IP addresses, and various environmental variables. A “referrer” is information your web browser passes along to the Rheem web server that references the URL of the Web site from which you came. An “IP Address” is a number used by computers on a network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. An “environmental variable” may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed our Web site, the type of web browser and operating system or platform used, the Internet address or the Web site you left to visit our Web site, the pages you visit while at our site, and the Internet address of the Web site you then visit. Rheem may collect IP Address information in order to administer our Web site and to gather broad demographic information.
- We may share personal information that we collect through our Web site with carefully selected third parties, including our affiliates, dealers, distributors, partners and sponsors whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share information about you in this manner, please see the section below titled, “What other choices do I have concerning information collected from me?”
- Finally, Rheem reserves the right to disclose personal and non-personal information about you if Rheem reasonably believes it is required to do so by law, including court order, to protect Rheem or the rights of others, or to reduce the risk of credit or other kind of fraud.
- This Web site may contain hyperlinks to other Web sites. Additionally, third parties may from time to time provide hyperlinks to our Web site. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITE. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of the Web sites that they visit.
How can I change what promotional communications I receive?
If you would like to opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail messages from us, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail and reference “Remove” on the subject line. Please note that it may take a reasonable period of time for us to process opt out requests.
What other choices do I have concerning information collected through the Web sites?
If you do not want to us to share information with third parties as described under the heading, “Information Sharing,” please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Residents: If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at the following address: Rheem manufacturing, 1100 Abernathy Road, Suite 1400, Atlanta, Georgia 30328. We will provide a list, within thirty (30) days, of the categories of personal information disclosed during the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information.
How can I update personal information previously provided to Rheem?
If you would like to change or modify information you have previously provided to Rheem through our Web sites, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that we may not be able to make certain changes for legal reasons or to preserve accurate records of transactions.
How does Rheem secure personal information collected through its Web sites?
We employ reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of personal information we collect through our Web sites.
Children under the age of 13
Our Web site is not targeted to children under the age of thirteen, and we do not knowingly ask for, collect, or use personally identifiable information from any child under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13, we will promptly delete the information from our records.
Where can I go with questions?
Effective Date: 4/1/2009